Puten Schnitzel or turkey schnitzel is just the same. Easy way to cook turkey breast when you are in the mood for fried dish, may you try this one. But anyway I like those potato croquettes too ! It was crusty, buttery and milky morsel.
I like fried foods and I know it is not very healthy way cooking method, but I like it and many people enjoy it too. Probably I posted bit more about fried foods but for schnitzel, I use lean protein such lean chicken breast, turkey breast and lean veal or fish fillet. Actually I didn’t want to post this recipe because this was sooooo easy, but one of my reader from Poland, Renata, she asked me my way of making puten schnitzel, so this is it Renata !
I posted some really simple Schnitzel recipes earlier and this time a bit different seasoning. I am very sure you can do it very well with this very simple thing from me. And thank you so much for your lovely email !
Ingredients : for two
- 2 palm-sized puten/turkey fillets
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- cooking oil for frying
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano (optional)
- 1/2 tsp chicken stock powder
- Rinse fillets and pat with paper towels. Pound into slightly thin.
- Mix together bread crumbs with salt and pepper, oregano, parsley and stock powder. Put in a plate.
- One plate for flour, one plate for beaten egg. ( So you have three plates with different in it : flour, egg, bread crumbs ).
- Season turkey fillets with salt and pepper.
- And now the fillets have to go traveling : in the flour, in the egg, in the bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil ( I use about 1/3 cup of sunflower oil drizzle over non-stick pan). High heat temperature.
- When the oil hot, put the schnitzel on, after 3 minutes, reduce the heat into medium high and cook until golden brown. Both sides.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with baked potato strips or potato croquettes, like me.
- Add steam greens or salad to go with.
- My husband like to drizzle some sauce. It could be schnitzel sauce or zigeuner sauce. Or just enjoy the way it is.
Relative Articles :