Fish Red Sauce has savory flavor, a little sweet and a very low-level of spiciness because I only use Indonesian big red chili or Anaheim chili.
This side dish does not use coconut milk. And the red color comes from mashed big red chili and red tomato, sauté until little oil turned into red, before splash with water.
- 2 fish fillet, pat dry
- 1 lime, halve
- spring onion for garnish, slice thin
Paste spices :
Make paste spices use mortar & pestle/food processor/blender.
- 2 shallots
- 3 big red chili(Anaheim chili)
- 1/2 red tomato/3 cherry tomato
- 4 kemiri (candlenuts), can be replace with hazelnuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 200 ml water/stock
- 2 tbsp oil
- Squeeze fresh lemon over the fish fillet, marinate for 10 minutes.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp oil, sauté paste spices in medium heat until aroma comes out and the oil turned red.
- Pour the water or stock and bring to boil.
- Put fish fillet in one layer into the pan, cook about 5 minutes.
- Gently turn over the fish use spatula and continue cooking 5 more minutes to cook the other side until seasoning absorbed and the sauce thicken.
- Sprinkle with spring onion if using. Transfer into serving dish.
Serve with steamed rice while still hot.
Selamat makan ! Guten Appetit !