Veal Schnitzel and fried egg.
Or in Germany called Kalbschnitzel und Spiegelei.
Veal or young beef has paler flesh color than the old one, and how to make it is just the same with other schnitzel. I have shared the recipe in the earlier post, the difference this time is I add sunny side egg on top and the melted egg yolk can be eaten as a sauce.
I enjoy it with orange paprika, cherry tomatoes, and butter lettuce salad with Essig and black pepper dressing. So simple, healthy and yummy.
- 2 slices veal steak, pounded thin
- eggs, number as you like + 1 for breading
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- a pinch of paprika powder
- butter/margarine and oil for frying
- salad to serve
- french fries/potato wedges (optional)
- clean and pat dry the veal, season both side with salt, pepper, paprika powder.
- season the bread crumbs with salt, pepper and paprika powder.
- breading process : in the flour, in the egg, in the bread crumbs. Shake the excess crumbs.
- we do not need thick breading because good schnitzel is having thin layer of flour and breadcrumbs.
- in a pan heat butter/margarine and oil, enough for frying two schnitzel.
- fry in medium high until both side golden brown and the veal cooked.
Keep warm in the oven, while you frying eggs.
Serve the schnitzel with sunny side egg on top and enjoy with salad. And fries/potato wedges if you like.
Guten Appetit !