Cabbage roll spaghetti sauce.
I’m actually a bit lazy to cook today and want to cook something hassle free. Had thought to make a pizza but thinking about kneading the dough makes me eliminated the thought.
I have a round, hard, white cabbage that not fit for quick cooking. This type suitable for slow cooking method. I see there is a packet of spaghetti sauce in the corner of the kitchen cabinets, it seem good to mix for the sauce.
- 250 g lean ground beef (turkey, chicken)
- 4 large cabbage leaves, remove the thick end
- 2 tbsp fine oatmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cup water
- a packet spaghetti sauce mix.
- Boil cabbage leaves for 5 minutes, remove and drain.
- In a bowl, mix lean ground beef, oatmeal, egg, salt and pepper, garlic powder, and 1/2 of spaghetti sauce mix. Mix well and separate into 4.
- Take 1 part of beef mixture on to cabbage leaf and roll, secure with toothpick. Finish the rest.
- In a small pot with a lid, dissolve the remaining spaghetti sauce mix, chili flakes and sugar with 2 cup of water.
- Place cabbage roll into the pot, they will cover by the liquid.
- Cover the pot and simmer in medium low heat until the cabbage tender and cooked through and the sauce thicken. About an hour.
Usually serve with boiled potato or mashed potato and white cabbage salad or sauerkraut, if like.
Guten Appetit !