Tired of designing and cutting dress pattern of my new creations, I looked into the kitchen and saw a pile of gala apples I had bought yesterday at the local market. Seem to be apple season now and I have bought a box of it.
And now the little problem is, Big Bear doesn’t like to eat apple just like that, so I think I’m gonna snuggle some of them into the dough and bake it. After that he enjoys apples without having to eat the ‘Apple’.
Maybe my recipe slightly different with common apple bread. The dough just slightly sweet. Serve with whipped cream and ice cream if you like. I think adding a glaze on top would be nice only that I was lazy to make it.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 packet dried yeast
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp sugar and a pinch of salt
- water as needed
- 4 gala apples, peeled, small cubed
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp sugar
- a half lemon
- 1 egg yolk for brushing
- Whipped cream and ice cream to serve
- Mix all dough ingredients in a large mixing bowl. I used a wooden spoon to mix it.
- Add water a little at time to make a dough. If you think the dough consistency just right, stop adding water.
- Transfer onto working surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Shape into a ball and put back in the bowl. Cover to double in size. Couldn’t say exactly how long, it depends of your room temperature and the weather.
- When the dough has risen, peel apples and cut into small cubes. Squeeze lemon over apple cubes, add sesame seeds and sugar. Stir.
- Roll the dough using a rolling-pin then spread apples filling over it.
- Roll into a log and combine both end to make a ring shape.
- Use a scissor to make small cut section around the ring . Cover with loose a towel and rest for 30 minutes.
- Brush with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 C until the dough rise and golden brown.
Again, it depends on the character of your oven, every oven different. Please watch out the way your oven working. Ha..ha..ha..just joking but help.
If you use egg yolk like me, the bread will have more color than use whole egg.