Ginger Scallion Roasted Chicken.
For this recipe I removed the back bone of the chicken. Slice open the chicken back skin from top to bottom and then using a sharp small knife carefully separate the bone from the meat, so I have bone in one piece, a whole bone. Wing and thigh bones I left intact to keep the shape of the chicken look nice.
Honestly I like bone-in skin-on chicken, but since Big Bear doesn’t like any bone in the meat so, is better to remove the bones then to watching him carefully and precisely make sure there is no tiny bones in his chicken while I’m enjoying my chicken wings.
The recipe is very simple as usual.
- 1 whole chicken (about 1.2 kg)
- toothpicks for seal
- Fresh parsley and cherry tomatoes for garnish (optional)
- Home made potato wedges and salad to serve
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp minced scallion
- 1 tsp coriander seed powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- salt pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Use sharp knife open the back of chicken from top to bottom and remove the bones from inside the chicken, left the wing and thigh bones intact, rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl mix all seasoning, adjust the salt into your taste.
- Rub the seasoning all over chicken inside and outside and between the skin, seal the back side with toothpicks. Rest in the fridge at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 225 C.
- Bake the chicken breast side down, on a rack over baking tray for 20 minutes. The juice/oil will dripping into baking tray.
- Turn the chicken breast side up and continue baking until chicken cooked, golden brown and the skin crisp. About 35 or 40 minutes.
- Around the chicken, I baked seasoned potato wedges as well.
Transfer to serving dish and garnish with parsley and cherry tomatoes if using.
We enjoyed with home-made potato wedges and salad.
Paprika egg salad with red wine vinegar black pepper dressing.
Guten Appetit !