The combination of chicken breast and paprika/bell peppers plus chopped tomatoes than cooked over low heat until soft produce balanced sauce between savory, slightly sweet and slightly sour. Eaten with Tortiglioni that cooked perfectly al-dente. Delicious and full filling.
- Tortiglioni, measuring as your wish
- 2 halves or more chicken breast
- 1 red paprika, slice strips
- 1 yellow paprika, slice strips
- 1 medium onion, slice strips
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1-1/2 cups of water
- a pinch of dried parsley for sprinkle
- Rinse chicken breast, pat dry then season with salt and pepper. Brown in a pan until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan add drop of oil and cook onion to soft.
- Add paprika, tomato and chili flakes. Stir well and add 2 tbsp of water to cooking.
- Add tomato paste, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Stir well then add water and bring to boil.
- When is boil, add browned chicken breast. Cover the pan and lower the heat.
- Simmer until chicken cooked, vegetables softened and the sauce reduced.
- Taste it, add more seasoning if necessary according to your taste.
- While the chicken cooking, cook the Tortiglioni in boiling salted water according to directions. Drain.
Serve Tortiglioni with chicken paprika and sprinkle with dried parsley.
Buon Appetito !