Mapo Tofu with Green Beans.
In Sichuan Mapo tofu usually use ground pork. In my recipe today I used lean ground beef and I serve on boiled green beans.
The levels of spiciness is mild, serve with steamed rice and other side dishes you like. We enjoyed it with Fish Fillet Bumbu Bali.
Two different dishes from different cuisine but very delicious to eat together as long as you like spicy food.
Ingredients A :
- 200 g lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- few drop of cooking wine, if you like
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (optional)
Mix well ingredients above. Set aside.
- 3 or 4 tbsp spicy beans sauce (Dou ban jiang)
- 1 block medium firm Tofu, small cubed
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups boiled green beans
Ingredients B :
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp oil
Ingredients C :
- 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion, green part
Mix ingredients C in a small bowl.
- In a pan medium high heat drop 2 tbsp of oil, sauté ingredients B .
- Add ingredients A and Dou ban jiang into the pan stir well to combine.
- Add tofu and stir well gently. Pour 1- 1/2 cup of water and cover the pan. Bring to boil, then lower the heat to cook for about 10 minutes to reduce the liquid.
- Pour ingredients C into the pan. Stir to thicken.
- Adjust the taste, add seasoning according to your taste.
- Arrange the hot boiled green beans on a serving dish, place hot piping mapo tofu over it.
Serve with steamed rice and other side dishes.
Enjoy your meal !