Chicken Puffed Tofu Stew with Rice.
Another alternative of rice and spicy dish. I use chicken wings which I cut into small pieces and boiled skinless chicken breast and thighs that I roughly shredded. The bones I boiled to make quick stock.
As usual, Indonesian dishes mostly use complete seasoning creating full flavor dish that perfect to serve with smoking hot steamed rice.
Basically Indonesian home-cooked dishes always using fresh-making seasoning, in this days people want to be more convenience by using powdered seasoning for fast and hassle-free reasons. Actually the taste is not so much different but most people still prefer using the fresh one to get perfect delicious dishes.
- 2 chicken wings, small pieces
- 1 whole skinless chicken breast +thighs, boiled & roughly shredded
- 100 g puffed tofu (ready-made)
- 1 medium red tomato, cubed
- half Napa cabbage, roughly slice
- handful broccoli, florets
- 1 stalk spring onion
- 5 large red chilli+1 cm ginger+3 shallots, each sliced
- 2 cloves garlic+2 candlenuts+1 cm turmeric, smashed
- 500 ml home-made chicken stock (from the bones)
- 2-3 tbsp oyster sauce+1 tbsp Kecap Manis
- 2 lime leaves+2 lemongrass, crushed the white part
- salt & pepper
- steamed rice to serve
- Heat oil, sauté the sliced seasoning.
- Stir in the smashed seasoning to combine.
- Add the remaining seasoning+puffed tofu+chicken.
- Cook until chicken turned color and then add oyster sauce+Kecap Manis+stock. Bring to boil.
- Lower the heat, simmer until chicken cooked all the way through.
- Higher the heat, add Napa cabbage+tomato+broccoli+spring onion and cooked until cabbage+broccoli cooked.
- Adjust the taste.
Transfer into serving dish.
Serve with steamed rice and other side dishes.
Selamat makan !