Saffron Rice and Beef Two Ways recipe by Ninik Becker.
Today I will share again some simple and quick home recipes for lunch or dinner, depending on your preferences. Sometimes I cook something that not at all simple dishes judged by the cooking technique, ingredients, seasonings and the utensils I used. And if so, I will not post it. Generally my dishes that I posted looks simple and will keep it that way, though sometimes not easy to keep it simple.
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- a pinch of Saffron threads
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups water/stock
- a pinch of salt
- 2 boiled eggs + crispy shallots for garnish
- In small bowl, dissolve saffron thread with 1 cup of water/stock, the water will turn into bright yellow.
- Rinse and drain Basmati rice. Cook with saffron water + the rest of water until boiling. Sprinkle with salt.
- After boiling, reduce the heat, cover the pot and simmer in low heat until the liquid absorbed and the rice cooked and fluffy when you stir it. About 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let stay covered over the stove while you are cooking another dish.
- Transfer into serving dish and garnish with sliced boiled eggs and sprinkle with fragrant crispy fried shallots. (picture on top)
Stir fry Brussels sprout and minced beef
- two handfuls of brussels sprout, finely sliced
- 250 g minced lean beef
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup of water/stock
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp oil
- Blanch sliced Brussels sprout until wilt, drain and arrange on the serving dish, set aside and keep warm.
- Mix marinate seasoning with minced beef, stir well to combine, set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, sauté minced garlic + minced ginger in medium high heat until fragrant.
- Add the marinated minced beef, stir quickly until turned colour.
- Splash with 1/2 cup of water/stock, stir well until thickened.
- Adjust to your taste, pour over blanched brussels sprout on the serving dish. (picture below)
Beef Rolls Carrot
- 6 slices of thin and long lean beef, to make rolls
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchstick
- a pinch of each : garlic powder, ginger powder, coriander powder, cracked black pepper, chilli flakes
- 1 cup beef stock (if use water, add salt adjust to your taste)
- 2 tbsp Indonesian Kecap Manis (or light soy sauce + brown sugar, adjust to your taste)
- 2 tbsp oil
- toothpicks to seal.
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Roll in some carrot matchstick inside each beef slices, seal with toothpick.
- Heat oil in a pan, brown beef rolls all sides evenly.
- Add the stock, season with powder seasoning and kecap manis, bring to boil.
- Cook until the stock reduced, adjust to your taste. Remove the toothpicks
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with fresh parsley.
Selamat makan ! Guten appetit !