One more one-pot dish I will share today. This dish is very homey by serving it just like old style, a big pot on the table. Or could be elegant if you are in the mood to put it right on a pretty serving dish individually. Omit the potato if you prefer to enjoy with rice.
- 300 g ground beef
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 5 small potatoes, peeled
- a quarter of white cabbage, slice thin
- a handful of broccoli, florets
- 750 ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp crispy shallots
- Mix ground beef with bread crumbs, egg, minced celery, salt and pepper. Mix evenly and shape into medium balls. Mine was about 7 balls. Set aside.
- In a pot, put together the stock, sliced cabbage, potatoes and bring to boil.
- Add the beef balls, cover the pot. After boil again, lower the heat ans cook until potatoes softened. About 20 minutes.
- Add broccoli and continue cooking until broccoli cooked but still crispy.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir. Sprinkle with crispy shallots to finish.
If don’t have beef stock, you can use water and add beef bouillon cube.