Nasi Goreng Ayam recipe by Ninik Becker.
Nasi Goreng is now number one Big Bear’s favorite. The food may simple but the taste will make you addicted. This dish has shifted the place of Beef Rendang which last year took the first place and this year dropped to number 3. Second place falls on Soto Ayam and number four is Selat Solo.
This is only a personal rank that I made of my husband’s favorite Indonesian cuisine. Every time I gave him a few menu options, the choice is always nasi goreng. Deliberately I mix a lots of vegetables in it to supplement nutritional needs. In addition to rice as carbohydrates, this dish is packed with vegetables and protein. Again, one-pan dish.
- 4 cups cooked Basmati rice (cold)
- 4 eggs, 2 for omelet, 2 medium boiled
- 250-300 g chicken breast, slice thin/strips/cubes
- half of each trio paprika, small cubes
- 1 cup of cauliflower
- 1 cup of brussels sprout
- 1 cup finely slice cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 stalks spring onion and parsley, chopped
- Garnish as you like : fresh cucumber, fresh tomato, lettuce, fresh basil, fried shallots, Kerupuk, and so on
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 2 shallots, sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tsp red chili flakes or use fresh chili as you like
- 1/2 tsp of each : turmeric powder and chicken powder
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- salt and pepper, adjust to your taste
- Make omelet from 2 eggs, slice into strips and set aside. Boil 2 eggs into medium boiled, peel, slice and set aside.
- In large skillet, heat 3 tbsp oil and sauté onion and shallots until softened, then add garlic, chili flakes/fresh chili, pepper, turmeric powder and chicken powder. Stir.
- Add chicken, stir and cooked until turned colour.
- Add all vegetables (except spring onion, parsley and garnish). Stir quickly to combine well, add salt follow your instinct. Cook until vegetables softened and the chicken cooked.
- Add cooked rice and soy sauce. Stir gradually to mix well, at this point the rice turned into red if you use red chili flakes. Add spring onion and parsley. Stir.
- Taste it.
- Add salt or soy sauce according to your taste and stir to finish. Arrange slice omelet and boiled eggs on top. Sprinkle with fried shallots.
The fresh garnish will give the freshness to balance the hot Nasi Goreng.
Sometimes I make with fried egg like this one.
Selamat makan ! Guten Appetit !