Cauliflower Fish Stew with Rice. Recipe by Ninik Becker
Spicy stew dish is very delicious to eat with rice. And eating rice without a hint of chilli is to me like eating a baby food. The dish also work for chicken, eggs, meat or vegetarian using tofu and tempeh as well. Cooking time depends of the main ingredients you use.
- a half head of cauliflower, florets, soak a few minutes in salted water, drain.
- 4 pieces fish fillets, I used white fish, rinse, dry with paper towels
- 500 ml fish/chicken stock
- a half fresh lemon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tsp chilli flakes
- a pinch of each : ginger powder, pepper, dried parsley, sugar
- about 10 whole dried chilli, optional
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Cooked hot piping Basmati rice to serve.
- Squeeze lemon over the fish, set aside.
- Heat oil and cook onion until softened, add chilli flakes.
- Put the cauliflower. Stir well and pour the stock. Bring to boil.
- Add the remaining seasoning. Cook 15 minutes in low heat.
- Add the fish, cook 10 minutes more. Add salt to taste, adjust to your liking.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if you like.
Serve with a hot piping Basmati rice and pour those delicious sauce over the rice.
Selamat Makan !