Pasta Meatballs Soup recipe by Ninik Becker.
I love soup and very often cook various type of soup, especially in the winter. Very easy to make because we just need to plunged all the ingredients in the pot, wait until cook, give a little seasoning and done. Steamy soup ready to eat at anytime. For pasta, I use Locken, is German means curly. Pasta curls or Riccioli di pasta.
For this simple soup recipe I used beef stock. If there is no beef stock in your kitchen, use water and beef stock powder or beef bouillon or use another stock of your choice.
- 200 g ground beef
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- 500 ml beef stock
- 250 ml water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cup of short cut pasta, I use Riccioli
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thaw
- parsley and spring onion.
- Mix ground beef with bread crumbs, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot, cook onion and green bell pepper until softened, add beef stock and water and bring to boil.
- Using hands, pinch ground beef little at time and shape into small balls then throw into the soup.
- Add pasta and the rest of ingredients (except green peas, parsley and spring onion).
- Bring to boil again and cook in low heat until vegetable softened and pasta and meatballs cooked.
- Add green peas, parsley and spring onion, cook 5 more minutes. Soup is ready.