Vegetable Turkey Soup recipe by Ninik Becker.
Super easy dish to warm up the day and I made this soup with bit of Langkorn mix wild rice to add the textures.
The vegetable could be anything you have or choose your favorites. Somebody may have a sensitive stomach more than the others, so please feel free to change vegetables or ingredients that is convenient for you.
My recipes are flexible. Though, if you change the seasoning and ingredients, the taste will be different with my cooking. It is also depends of how cool your hands to handle foods. That was what my grandma said to me a long time ago.
- 2 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g turkey breast
- 1/2 cup of Langkorn mix Wild Rice, soak for 30 minutes before use
- 1500 ml chicken stock + 500 ml water
- two handfuls of cauliflower
- two handfuls of broccoli
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup of kidney beans
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp full turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- a pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small pot, cook turkey breast in boiling 500 ml water for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat, let stay over the stove and cover to cool. Remove turkey and shredded by hands, set aside.
- In a large pot, heat olive oil, sauté the onion to softened, add rice. Stir.
- Pour the chicken stock and the liquid from cooking turkey breast. Bring to boil.
- Add the rest of ingredients (except broccoli), and shredded turkey breast. Stir well and bring to boil again.
- Cook for about 30 minutes.If you think that the soup too crowded, add more stock or water.
- Five minutes before finish cooking, add broccoli and continue cooking until finish.
- Taste test. Adjust to your liking.
Serve while still hot.