Cappuccino Cocoa Cake recipe from my mother modified by me.
Before posting this recipe actually I’m a bit confused what is the correct title.
Cappuccino cocoa cake? Cocoa cappuccino cake ? Chocolate cake? Dark cake? Well..whatever.
The original recipe from my mother was actually spotted banana cake.
But since I don’t like to follow recipe just like that, also I a bit funny with the ‘spotted’ thing on food, and because Big Bear like cappuccino as well, then I added instant powdered cappuccino into the batter.
Ingredients: makes one loaf
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 170 g butter, soften
- a pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (I use 1 sachet vanilla sugar)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp powdered cappuccino
- Preheat oven at 180 C. Layer the loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, cappuccino powder, salt in a bowl.(dry ingredients)
- In mixing bowl put butter and sugar, using electric mixer, mix until pale.
- Add egg one at time.
- Add dry ingredients and mashed banana and mix until smooth.
- Use spatula/spoon, scrap the bottom and sides of the bowl. Please don’t overmixed.
- Put into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 180 C for about 40 minutes, check with toothpick. Bake for 10 more minutes. Depends of your oven.
- Remove from the oven.
Let it cool before remove from the pan. Me, I like warm cake.