Stuffed Turkey Breast with Vegetable Curry recipe by Ninik Becker.
Roasted Stuffed Turkey Breast
- 600 g fresh skinless turkey breast, cut butterfly, rinse, pat dry
- 200 ml water
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- 2 bay leaves, tear up
- water + 2 tbsp coarse salt
- kitchen string
For stuffing :
- 2 young carrots, peeled and split each into 4
- a handful of green beans
- 1 tbsp sweet sour chili sauce
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Dissolve 2 tbsp coarse salt with enough water in a bowl, big enough to put turkey.
- The turkey breast should be cover by salted water.
- Add dried parsley, fresh parsley and bay leaves
- Marinate turkey breast in salted water and herbs for about 2 hours.
- Remove turkey breast from salted water, pat dry. Season with freshly cracked black pepper on both sides.
- Stuffed carrot and green beans inside turkey breast, roll, and using kitchen string, tie the rolled turkey. Secure nicely. Season again with black pepper.
- Heat the pan with little oil on it, brown stuffed turkey breast until all sides golden brown. Transfer turkey breast into the baking pan. Pour 200 ml of water into the pan.
- Roast browned stuffed turkey breast in 200 C preheated oven for about 30 minutes and the water reduced.
- Lower the heat to 180 C and brush the turkey surface with sweet sour chili sauce. Continue roasting for about 20 minutes or more until the juice runs clear if piercing with knife/fork and the surface glistened brown.
- Remove from oven, remove the kitchen string. Rest a few minutes.
- Slice before serving.
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- quarter head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 young carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 chopped of large tomato or some of cherry tomatoes
- fresh parsley bay leaves (from marinade turkey)
- 1 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 300 ml chicken stock
- salt, sugar, and pepper to taste
- a pinch of coriander powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in the pan, sauté onion and garlic until softened. Add curry powder, chili powder, coriander powder, bay leaves. Stir.
- Add carrot, potato, cauliflower, tomato. Stir well. Add the chicken stock.
- Simmer until vegetables softened and the liquid reduced and slightly dry.
- Season with a pinch of salt, sugar and pepper
- If you like more soupy curry, add stock/water adjust to your liking.
- Add parsley into the dish.
Transfer into serving dish together with stuffed turkey breast.