Omelette Curry recipe by Ninik Becker.
I love curry and I cooked many time with different main ingredient. Every country has the best curry dish and every family has favorite flavour. The best way to enjoy curry is absolutely with rice.
My brother said that the best curry is cooked by my mother. My friend said, the best curry is his mother’s curry. My husband said that the best curry is my curry and I said that the best curry is everywhere. But anyway, every food that cooked with love always taste good that’s why every kid always says the best food is mother’s food, no matter how simple it was.
- 5 eggs, season with salt and pepper, whisk, set aside
- 2 medium carrot, cut into matchstick
- a handful of green beans
- a quarter of cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 slices of ginger root
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- a pinch of each : salt, pepper, sugar, coriander powder, lemongrass powder, galangal powder
- 2 tsp chili flakes (adjust to your taste)
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp chicken powder
- 1 cup of water
- some of fresh parsley, chopped
- rice to serve
- Make omelette. Cut roughly using spatula while still in the pan. Set aside.
- In heated pan with oil, sauté onion, shallot, garlic and ginger until softened.
- Add carrot and cabbage, stir to wilt.
- Season with all powder seasonings mention above. Stir. Add chili flake and chicken powder, adjust to your taste.
- Add green beans. Stir and add 1 cup of water, stir again. Cover the pan and let cook until vegetables softened.
- Add coconut milk, after boiled, lower the heat and keep cooking and stirring.
- Adjust the taste, add some seasoning according to your desired.
- Add the omelet into the pan, stir gently. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
- Once boil, transfer into serving dish.
Enjoy with rice and other your favorite side dishes.
Selamat makan !