Eggs Vegetable Curry recipe by Ninik Becker.
As usual my recipe this time is also very simple but nutritious as well. The cooking process is very easy and quick and the main ingredient can be replaced by meat, poultry, fish, or vegetables . Of course, the cooking time will be vary depending on what the main ingredient used.
My technique here is to fry boiled eggs with a little oil just until slightly brown to make different texture and color before mix into the curry. Skip the frying process if you prefer a plain boiled eggs. Boil the eggs with medium doneness so the egg yolk just cooked and still soft in the center and less worry about being overcooked later.
Curry is excellent if eaten with rice together with additional side dishes according to family’s favorite.
The measurements in this recipe is basic, and as we know that everyone has different tastes, so I can share the recipe but I can not share the taste. Season less or more depending on your desired taste.
- 5 eggs, medium boiled, peeled
- about 2 cups of cauliflower florets
- about 2 cups of roughly chopped cabbage
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin strips
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cm ginger root, minced
- 2 or 3 green chilli, chopped
- 500 – 750 ml water
- fresh parsley for garnish
Dry seasoning :
- red chilli flakes, adjust to your taste ( I used 2 tsp full)
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- a pinch of cumin powder
- salt to taste (and sugar if you like)
- pinch of chicken powder, optional
- Using a toothpick, prick the outer of each peeled boiled eggs all around. This is to prevent explosion during frying process. Fry in medium heat with a little oil just until slightly brown. Set aside.
- Fry onion until soften and golden, add garlic, ginger, green chilli and tomato. Stir to combined.
- Add dry seasoning and stir until the seasoning cooked, detected by it smell.
- Pour the water and let boil. Add the cauliflower, carrot, and cabbage. Continue cooking until the vegetables softened and the liquid thickened.
- Add the fried eggs into the curry and continue cooking to reheat the eggs.
- Taste test. Add seasoning according to your taste. Garnish with fresh parsley.
We like to enjoy with Basmati rice and additional side dishes.