Poached Eggs Paprika recipe by Ninik Becker.
This recipe is inspired from ‘Shakshouka’. The difference is, in this recipe I used very simple seasonings and added carrots, and eat it with spaghetti.
- 5 eggs
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium carrots, cut into strips
- 1 yellow onion, finely slice into half ring
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 or 2 ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder, optional
- pinch of salt, pepper, sugar. Adjusted
- 300 ml chicken broth/water
- olive oil
Heat one or two tablespoon of olive oil, sauté onion and garlic until softened, add carrot strips. Stir briefly and add all paprika strips into the pan, stir to coat evenly.
Add chopped tomato, paprika powder, chilli powder, salt, pepper, sugar. Stir well to combined.
Pour chicken broth /water into the pan and bring to boil. Lower the heat and cook until vegetables softened and the liquid slightly reduced. Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
Crack eggs one by one into the pan.
Poach the eggs in the paprika sauce until the whites set and firm, the egg yolk still soft, and the sauce thickened.
Cook spaghetti according to the package instructions, put on the serving plate and spoon poached eggs paprika over the spaghetti, enjoy while still hot.